Amanda and Christopher Wedding
The Carmelite Friary founded in 1242 was dispossessed at the dissolution of the monasteries by Henry VIII and was re-established in 1949. Before 1930 the site was owned by a family and used for scouting activities and Lord Baden Powell has also visited the site. After a large fire in 1930 the Carmelite Friars bought back the site and set about rebuilding the main Abbey building. Since the rebuild of the Abbey the site is now an important pilgrimage centre with lovely grounds and picnic areas.
It is also home to the North Barn a Fully restored 17th century Barn located in the barns complex by the entrance to The Friars. The North Barn is available for business conferences or functions such as weddings, private parties, receptions and exhibitions. There is a full catering Marquee attached to the south side of the Barn.
We were delighted to do the wedding catering for Amanda and Christopher on the 18th May 2013 a hog roast afternoon reception meal with roasted potatoes, and hot seasonal vegetables and then in the evening a lovely evening Hog roast themed BBQ.